Saturday, October 10, 2009

Incredible Edible Studio Tour





This was the first day of the an incredible (and partly edible) studio tour. I had 53 tour-ists visit the studio. It was a day of laughter and joy. There was time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. They came from a range of places around our planet: Connecticut, Australia, Switzerland, Gig Harbor, Seattle, and right here Ma and Pa Kettle Land. (If you have read The Egg & I by Betty McDonald, you will know the place) I learned as much about the visitor's art and lives as I shared about my own. Everyone had such interesting comments that I started writing them down. One I chuckled about all afternoon was, "It's a good thing you have a woodpile outside to hide the ugly building". Now I call it Tin Can Studio because it is in a metal building. Here we concentrate on inner beauty, rather than outward appearances. See for yourself! And come visit!

2 comments:

suzanna leigh said...

congratulations on the studio tour! wish I could have been there.
Your work looks really good!

elizabeth said...

Sorry you couldn't make it. I'll see you at our next critique group I hope! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.